Resident Skills Coordinator
RESIDENT SKILLS COORDINATOR
Reports to: Direct Services Program Manager
FOUNDATION: We are all noble in our essence and deserving of respect, compassion and dignity.
PURPOSE: Maintain a healthy and secure living environment that promotes creativity, growth, shared dedication and a sense of community.
Coordinating volunteer involvement; planning food program; maintaining facility; coordinating activities for all residents; communicating effectively
COORDINATING VOLUNTEER INVOLVEMENT by:
- Finding and locating volunteers for all aspects of shelter needs
- Finding volunteers specifically for children and youth needs.
- Scheduling group volunteer efforts
PLANNING FOOD PROGRAM by:
- Planning weekly menus as per USDA rules
- Ensuring food and supplies ordered through TEFAP, NW Harvest and LDS storehouse are procured, picked up, delivered and organized.
- Ensuring grocery shopping is completed and grocery money accounted for
- Monitoring daily cooking, documentation and adherence to other appropriate rules
- Updating meal count sheets weekly
- Training residents, volunteers, and staff in CACFP and other food program rules and implementation
- Maintaining and updating CACFP and other food related files.
- Correctly completing monthly reports in a timely fashion.
MAINTAINING FACILITY by:
- Maintain overall health and safety of the shelter in conformity with fire, safety, health codes
- Performing weekly thorough room checks
- Finding contractors as needed
- Updating maintenance and repair logs as needed
- Receiving, documenting, organizing, and distributing in-kind donations as appropriate.
- Conducting weekly house meetings
COORDINATING ACTIVITIES FOR ALL RESIDENTS by:
- Scheduling, assigning and monitoring resident chores
- Engaging residents in skill building through every day activities at the shelter
- Ensuring families have appropriate general activities and resources including holidays throughout the year
- Scheduling classes and trainings on and off-site
- Referring families in area of Health/well-being
- Contacting and connecting children to Birthday Dreams
- Coordinating with off-site agencies to meet needs of children and youth
COMMUNICATING EFFECTIVELY by:
- Writing clearly with purpose and organization
- Speaking clearly with respect and focus on topic at hand
- Communicating in general, in a timely manner including daily response to emails and calls
- Interacting respectfully with others by considering what are mannerisms, content of conversations, wording, and physical contact appropriate to the situation.
This position is 30 hours per week; Starting wage is between $15.00 – $16.00 per hour, DOE, which includes medical/dental benefits, sick and vacation time, and holiday pay.
Please email Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Currently scheduling interviews.